62nd Southend Chess Congress
30 March - 2 April, 2018
At Southend Adult Community College, Ambleside Drive Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2UN
Generously supported by the Essex Chess Association
Chief Organiser: Adam Raoof
Arbiters: Adam Raoof, Norman Went, Michael Flatt and Tim Dickinson
The Southend Easter Chess Congress is taking place from Friday 30 March to Monday 2nd April 2018.
- The Southend Congress offers more rounds than most weekend chess tournaments and more opportunities to play chess, with longer time controls!
- TWO half point byes are available if you can't make one of the days;
- Fischer timings with thirty seconds added every time you make a move;
- later start times.
SCHEDULE - ALL EVENTS
Friday 30th March - Rounds 1 and 2 at 11am and 4pm
Saturday 31st March - Rounds 3 and 4 at 11am and 4pm
Sunday 1st April - Rounds 5 and 6 at 11am and 4pm
Monday 2nd April - Final Round 7 at 11am
- two rounds a day;
- shorter breaks between games;
- earlier finish times so you can take advantage of the free membership of the social club over the road!
- plenty of alternatives for travel including plentiful free parking and easy railway links;
- lots of reasonably priced local accommodation;
- light refreshments will be on sale during the congress kindly provided by yElena Went;
- lunchtime talks from top players;
- live coverage of the top games on the Internet;
- pairings and results available on Chess results.com overnight and live;
ESSEX CHAMPIONSHIP 2017-18
will be awarded to the highest placed eligible player in the FIDE Open.
PS - The Congress currently lacks a sponsor. If you would be interested in sponsoring this Tournament please get in touch with Adam: 100% of your sponsorship will go towards the Prize fund for 2019.