14-17 April, 2018
Southend Adult Community College, Ambleside Drive
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2UN
Generously supported by the Essex Chess Association
Arbiters: Adam Raoof, Norman Went and Michael Flatt
- ALL tournaments are now 7 rounds!
- FIDE Rated Open with British Qualifying Place
- You can take two half point byes (not in the last round).
- Parking is free and we have lots of space!
- Start 11am, finish by 8pm - easily commutable
- 90 minutes per player + 30 seconds a move throughout
- Top boards live on the internet!
Annual chess festival now in its 62nd year
- FIDE Open to all
- Leigh on Sea Under 170 / ECF Graded
- Westcliff Under 145 / ECF Graded
- Southchurch Under 120 / ECF Graded
- Thorpe Bay Under 95 / ECF Graded
ALL tournaments consist of 7 rounds. 90 minutes per player per game PLUS 30 seconds per move. All events are ECF graded and the Open is also FIDE rated. YOU MAY TAKE TWO BYES in any rounds but the final round, as long as you book them with your entry.
ENGLISH players in the Open must be Gold or Platinum members of the English Chess Federation. Players in the ECF graded sections should be Silver or above, but Bronze and non-ECF members may play on payment of a supplement.
Open - £800 / £500 / £200
ECF Sections - £150 / £75 / £40
SCHEDULE - ALL EVENTS
Friday 30th March - Rounds 1 and 2 at 11am and 4pm
Saturday 31st March - Rounds 3 and 4 at 11am and 4pm
Sunday 1st April - Rounds 5 and 6 at 11am and 4pm
Monday 2nd April - Final Round 7 at 11am
ESSEX CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016-17
The Essex Championship will be awarded to the highest placed eligible player in the FIDE Open
The Essex U160 Championship will be awarded to the highest placed eligible player graded U160, in the Leigh on Sea Under 170